This week we’re all traveling to be with friends and family for Thanksgiving. It’s “the busiest travel time of the year” (turns out, according to NPR, in fact that’s not true, but it’s still really really busy).
As brutal as those delayed flights can be, we’ve got a Cheeky tip to kick your Thanksgiving holiday off right.
Next time you’re passing a bar in the airport, consider getting a drink to go! Below is a list of ten airports where you can take your beer or wine right to the gate. Just ask for a plastic cup from the bartender, and you’re on your merry way.
You can sit comfortably at your gate, sipping on an IPA or cabernet. Or indulge while charging your cell phone sitting on that hard linoleum floor. Or you can go real big and bar hop on your very own airport progressive.
Thanksgiving should be a time for thanks and giving. Open-container airports: one more thing to be thankful for.
10 Open-Container Airports
1. Chicago Midway Airport (MDW)
2. Chicago O’Hare International (ORD)
3. Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International (FLL)
4. Houston George Bush Intercontinental (IAH)
5. Houston William P Hobby Airport (HOU)
6. Las Vegas McCarran International (LAS)
7. Miami International Airport (MIA)
8. Nashville International (BNA)
9. Pittsburg International (PIT)
10. Tampa International (TPA)
For each stack of Cheeky plastic cups purchased at Target, Cheeky helps donate a meal to someone who needs it right here in the U.S.
Written by: Alexa Binns, Director of Marketing