Craving the idea of getting to let loose with fresh air above you and green grass beneath you? Then a picnic is the perfect excuse for you to get in touch with your outdoorsy side! National Picnic Day is quickly approaching on April 23rd. Below is a list of activities and yummy recipes that will kick off your day with good company and fun under the sun.
Get your heart racing with a relay race, game of catch, or corn hole. Trivia and bingo are perfect if you are wanting to engage in fun yet relaxing games while being outdoors. Wanting to entertain your group of friends? Participate in karaoke, a little bit of magic, or even tarot card reading! If you aren’t afraid of a little bit of water be sure to have water balloon fights, slip ‘n’ slides, and squirt gun battles - plus they'll help you stay cool!
To create a unique outdoor dining experience, you can pick your very own theme.
- Around the world- include foods from Poland, Germany, and Italy
- Fiesta - tacos, rice, and beans, oh my!
- Southern - can’t forget some good old fashioned BBQ
- Tailgate - for the football lovers out there
- Red, White, and Blue - let’s celebrate the amazing country that we live in
Now for the important stuff--delicious food!
- Potato salad - try a lighter base to avoid the extra calories. Use low-fat mayo or fat-free sour cream.
- Craving a traditional favorite? Try fried chicken with buttermilk batter.
- Wanting to add something sweet and delicious? Include watermelon as an ultimate refresher.
- Bring the grill! Cook up some hot dogs, hamburgers, or brats.
- Don’t forget the tangy and sweet lemonade!
To learn more about Cheeky's give program, please visit cheekyhome.com/faq