We're so excited to kick off the new year with our brand new line in the party department! We're bringing what you already know and love about Cheeky - bringing style and cause to paper tableware - and adding a colorful splash to the party department at Cheeky! This means we can give twice as many meals being in two parts of the store, bringing us even closer to being able to help end hunger.
We've teamed up with Courtney Whitmore of Pizzazzerie to show you how to have a cause for celebration! Pizzazzerie is the go-to source for entertaining in style and her fans turn to her for setting amazing tablescapes and providing party inspiration on her blog.
Courtney took our pink and lime party plates and cutlery and created an ultra bright and preppy birthday party. Visit her blog to learn how to make our plates pop as well as some crafty tricks such as making confetti and flags with our plates!
So as the authority on stylish parties, we asked Courtney to share some of her favorite entertaining tips.
1. One of my favorite entertaining tips is setting up the food, "bar style"! You don't want to spend your whole time in the kitchen plating dishes so set up the foot on a side console table (or directly down the center of your dinner table) and let guests help themselves! This is easier on you as the hostess, and it allows guests to prepare their foods and drinks exactly how they like them! Think "build your own burger bar" and "taco station" style!
2. Get crafty! Use items from your party like the paper plates to create coordinating table decor! Cut out place cards and little flags from extra plates! It's quick, easy, and perfect for keeping your colors matching!
3. If you're looking for a unique cake but aren't much of a baker, then ask your favorite bakery to make a plain white cake. Next, you can add in candles, sprinkles, or other decor right on top!
4. Cake stands add height and visual interest for more than just cakes! Place a variety of cake stands down the center of your party table and use them for everything from appetizer to holding gifts!
5. Make clean-up simple! Use festive colored paper plates (you can set them on a larger white charger) from Cheeky to add pizzazz to your parties! You'll be able to spend more time with guests enjoying the party and less time worrying about doing the dishes!
And what makes Courtney dance? She had no problem sharing her favorite party songs:
Treasure by Bruno Mars
Wagon Wheel by Old Crow Medicine Show
All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor
Honey, I'm Good by Andy Grammer
Wake Me Up by Avicii
Further On by Bronze Radio Return
Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepson
Cruise by Florida Georgia Line
All For You by Sister Hazel
Leave the Night On by Sam Hunt
Thanks, Courtney, for the amazing table you set using Cheeky. This is perfect for birthdays, baby showers, and bridal showers! Remember to visit her blog for the full details on her Cheeky party!