We’re so excited to share our next Cheeky party! Each season we partner with amazing creatives, and for fall we chose Amy Tangerine!
The timing was perfect for her son Jack's 3rd birthday party which centered around fire trucks! Amy used our plates not only to serve up tasty treats, but cut out letters using our new gold plates. Read all about it over on the Amy Tangerine blog.We asked Amy to share her top five entertaining tips to throw your own Cheeky party.
- Choose 3 main things you really want and don't worry too much about the rest. Unless you have a huge budget, it's easy to get carried away with trying to cram too many things into one event. Before you know it, you're over budget and stressing. Instead, I try and focus on 3 things that are most important - usually food/drinks, entertainment and decor.
- It's good to DIY some stuff to save money, but you also have to consider how much time it takes to make the project. It would be amazing to have a huge installation or photo backdrop, but if it takes too long to construct, and you're running out of time, perhaps it's better to look into renting or buying or hiring someone else for the task.
- Identify your main objective for the party and enjoy the process. We really just wanted everyone to have a good time and enjoy some delicious food, so we made that our priority.
- Be adaptable. Sometimes things don't always go as planned and that's ok. My balloon installation fell down a couple hours before the party, so we had to figure out a way to put it back up. It ended up turning out better than before and lasted until well after the party. Plus it got compliments, which is always a plus!
- Be present and have a good time. Most of the little things that may throw us off aren't even noticed by our guests, so don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy the event. Everyone will have fun and time will pass so quickly that before you know it, it's over and you're planning the next one!
We can never underestimate the importance of a good playlist. Check out this list of Amy’s party favorites!
- "A-Punk" by Vampire Weekend
- "I'm Alive (Life Sounds Like)" by Michael Franti & Spearhand
- "Modern Love" by Matt Nathanson
- "Lemonade" by Chris Rice
- "Shut Up and Dance" by Walk the Moon
- "Riptide" by Vance Joy
- "Bring Me the Sunshine" by Jess Penner
- "Say Hey (I Love You)" by Michael Franti & Spearhand
- "All About That Bass" by Meghan Trainor
- "All Smiles" by Jess Penner
Thank you to Amy for the amazing styling of this Cheeky party, for sharing her tricks of the trade on entertaining, and her perfect party playlist! Head on over to Amy’s blog for more details on her Cheeky party! She's also giving away a Cheeky prize pack and we'll donate a meal for every person who enters!
Shop our new party line exclusively at Target, and remember that for each pack sold, Cheeky donates one meal to those facing hunger right here in the U.S.