Whether or not you love Valentine’s Day, on February 13 we like to celebrate something else: our bestest gal pals. Galentine’s Day, made popular by Parks and Recs’ main character Leslie Knope, is a day to celebrate your lady friends. “Ovaries before brovaries. Uteruses before duderuses.”
As Knope puts it, “Galentine’s Day? Oh it’s only the best day of the year. Every February 13th, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it, breakfast style! Ladies celebrating ladies.”
So why not grab your girlfriends and celebrate each other? We’ve rounded up some great DIYs for your own Galentine’s festivities:
- Host a brunch and let everyone show off their favorite dishes.
- Paint the town in your best pink or red outfits and have a Girls' Night Out!
- Have a craft night! Nothing screams friendship more than beaded and macrame bracelets.
- Kick it old school and host a sleepover!
- Bring your best makeup and give each other silly makeovers, or give that newest trend a whirl.
- Decide what everyone's spirit animal would be.
- Live tweet your favorite girlfriend movies like Legally Blond, Now and Then, and Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.
- Clothes swap! Someone could give your old clothes new life.
- Read your old letters and diaries to each other.
And don't forget tasty snacks and drinks! Our pink, white, and red party packs are perfect for your Galentine's Day celebrations. Even better - when you buy one pack, we give one meal through our partnership with Feeding America. Now that's a cause for celebration! Shop our collection at Target!
And don't forget to #treatyoself!
Photography by Sara Schmutz of Confetti Sunshine