When the weather outside is frightful, a hot bowl of soup is so delightful. And you know what makes it even better? January is National Soup Month!
Whether you’re in the mood for something hearty or light, grab a spoon and cozy up with these 9 warm recipes:
1. Detox Carrot Ginger Soup. Feel renewed again with this detoxifying soup from Clean Food, Dirty City.
2. Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Soup. Give yourself a break and let the slow cooker do all the work. Just set it, forget it, and know that you’ll come home to the delicious smell of soup from The Recipe Critic.
3. Creamy Roasted Tomato, Garlic, and Onion Coconut Soup. This hearty soup from Oh She Glows will warm you up from the inside and out.
4. Immune Boosting Vegetable Soup. Feeling a little down? This recipe from Averie Cooks will have you feeling back to your old self again.
5. Cauliflower Chowder. Cauliflower is in! This less popular vegetable takes center stage in this chowder from Damn Delicious.
6. Peas and Carrots Alphabet Soup. Food is more fun when you can play with the letters in this soup from Real Simple.
7. Creamy Roasted Garlic Potato Soup With Crispy Brussel Sprouts and Chili Oil. Brussel sprouts no longer have a bad rap, especially since they add crunch and texture in this warm soup from How Sweet It Is.
8. Matzo Ball Soup. Have a ball with this traditional matzo ball soup from Saveur.
9. Fully Loaded Baked Potato Soup. You’ll definitely feel full for hours with this tasty soup from What’s Gaby Cooking.
Soup is a brilliant meal because it’s easy to put together, it’s inexpensive, and you’ll have leftovers for days. And we especially love soup because of the long history soup kitchens have played in helping feed Americans in tough times.
Every day, millions of Americans go hungry. In fact, more than 12 million children and 22 million adults in the U.S. live in households facing food insecurity -- meaning they don't have enough money to meet basic food needs. Soup kitchens have been providing meals to the poor and hungry since the eighteenth century and have always been one of the most economical ways to provide healthy, filling food to a large quantity of people.
Serve up these recipes in one of our amazing Cheeky bowls and know that you’re also helping feed the hungry. For each Cheeky item purchased at Target, Cheeky helps donate a meal through its partnership with Feeding America. Feeding America works through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger. In year one, Cheeky’s goal is to provide 10 million meals right here in the U.S.