Coasting through life with bad habits might be easy, but not long-term. Sustaining both your body and mind has the promotion of your well-being at its core. Developing good healthy habits can be just as simple as falling into bad ones. There’s a ton of advice on what this looks like out there, but we narrowed it down to 10 healthy habits you can start right here, right now:
- Start everyday with a full stomach and focused mind by whipping up breakfast, whether it’s blending a greens-filled smoothie or throwing egg whites and spinach on a skillet, your first meal can make or break your day.
- Drink a ton of water throughout your day. Medicine institutes recommend 8 ounces, 8 times a day, aka the 8x8 rule. Your body requires water for each and every one of its functions, plus drinking water aids in weight loss. So, fill up a reusable water bottle at least 8 times a day and you’re all set!
- Food Prep. As soon as you have a hefty load of fruits, veggies, and proteins prep your food and store for easy access throughout your week. You’ll be denying a quick bag of chips or fast food sooner than you think!
- Eat whatever you want….but in small portions. You can still enjoy all your favorite foods and treats guilt-free by minimizing your intake.
- Wear sunscreen every day. Nothing but pros here. Avoid the pain from burning, prevent skin cancer, and allow your skin to age gracefully.
- Don’t forget to mark your schedule with sleeping every day. 7-8 hours is the recommended amount of sleep you should get each night. iPhones have a bedtime feature that reminds you when to go to bed and wake up to get those hours in.
- Jump around! Or walk, jog, sprint, hop, anything to get moving for 30 minutes every day.
- Limit your screen time. Cut back on TV, phones, computers, and tablets. This not only allows you to be present and engaging, but also puts less strain on your eyes and body.
- Wash your hands often. No one has time to get sick, plus get rid of those millions of microbes that carry bad germs on your hands.
- Treat yourself..mentally. Whatever gives you motivation or just simple happiness make it point to bring that into your daily routine. Relax, take yoga, read inspirational quotes, or take buzzfeed quizzes!
Our health is our greatest wealth!